Contributor(s): Trueit, Trudi Strain
ISBN: 0531118363 ISBN-13: 9780531118368
Publisher: Childrens Pr
OUR PRICE: $5.40
Product Type: Paperback - Other Formats
Published: September 2006 Annotation: - Pronunciation guides to less familiar words.
- Includes chart that explains the game of dreidel.
- Holiday books are always in demand in schools and libraries, but the controlled vocabulary of Rookie Books make them especially marketable.
- Excellent resource for classroom unit on holidays.
- Text has fewer than 400 words.
- Word list.
Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
- People, societies, and cultures address needs and concerns in ways that are both similar and different
- Language, folktales, music, and art serve as expressions of culture
- Cultural unity and diversity can be identified within and across groups
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Accounts of past events, people, places, and situations contribute to our understanding of the past
Global Connections: IX
- Explore ways in which language, the arts, beliefs, etc. facilitate global understanding or lead to misunderstanding
|Library of Congress Subjects: |
- Earth Day; Juvenile literature.
- Environmentalism; Juvenile literature.
- Environmental protection; Juvenile literature.
|BISAC Categories: |
- Juvenile Nonfiction | Holidays & Celebrations
- Juvenile Nonfiction | Science & Nature | Earth Sciences
|Academic/Grade Level: Grade 1-2, Age 6-7|
|Series: Rookie Read-About Holidays|
|Book type: Easy Non Fiction|
|Physical Information: 7.00" H x 6.00" W x 0.25" (0.25 lbs) 32 pages|
|Accelerated Reader Info|
|Quiz #: 109440
Reading Level: 3.4 Interest Level: Lower Grades Point Value: 0.5
|Scholastic Reading Counts Info|
|Quiz #: Q39829
Reading Level: 3.9 Interest Level: Grades K-2 Point Value: 1.0