|A Pup's Tale
Contributor(s): White, Jamie (Adapted By)
ISBN: 0547210779 ISBN-13: 9780547210773
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
OUR PRICE: $5.40
Product Type: Paperback - Other Formats
Published: July 2010
* Not available - Not in print at this time *Annotation: As a puppy, Martha is snatched from the dog shelter and forced to commit crimes, including stealing an autographed baseball, catnapping, and breaking into the Museum of Natural History.
|Library of Congress Subjects: |
- Dogs; Fiction.
- Robbers and outlaws; Fiction.
- Mystery and detective stories.
|BISAC Categories: |
- Juvenile Fiction | Animals | Dogs
- Juvenile Fiction | Humorous Stories
|Academic/Grade Level: Grade 2-3, Age 7-8|
|Series: Martha Speaks Chapter Books|
|Book type: Easy Fiction|
|Physical Information: 7.75" H x 5.25" W x 0.25" (0.35 lbs) 91 pages|
|Descriptions, Reviews, Etc.
Susan Meddaugh was born and raised in Montclair, New Jersey. She graduated from Wheaton College, where she studied French literature and fine arts. After working briefly with an advertising agency in New York, she moved to Boston and worked at a publishing company for ten years, first as a designer, then art editor, and finally as art director. While there, she did the illustrations for GOOD STONES (Houghton Mifflin) by Anne Epstein, and then decided to strike out on her own as a freelance illustrator and creator of children's books. Since that time, Susan has written and illustrated many popular books for children, including MARTHA SPEAKS, which was chosen as a NEW YORK TIMES Best Illustrated Book for 1992. In 1998 she was awarded the New England Book Award, given by the New England Booksellers Association to recognize a body of work. Her work also was acknowledged with a New York Times Best Illustrated Award. She lives in Sherborn, Massachusetts.